TBWA thinks that Dana Perino should “get back to work.”
- As the US ponders buying bank shares to help shore-up the economy, stocks jumped at the opening bell today but any optimism quickly faded and stocks headed lower… (Good thing we passed that bailout, huh? It’s reaping HUGE dividends… it’s so hard to express sarcasm in the written form…)
- A draft version of a new National Intelligence Estimate s circulating that comes to the conclusion that Afghanistan is in a “downward spiral” while casting doubt on the Afghan government’s ability to quell the rise in Taliban influence. Not surprisingly, it’s the Bush(whacked) Administration’s fault as the CIA has documented the worsening violence for almost 2 years and most and they believe the White House has taken too long to respond to the warnings… (this should not come as a surprise to anyone with the ability to use their own brain. Afghanistan was forgotten the day the US invaded Iraq while ignoring the fact that the Taliban were allowing al Qaeda to base its operations there… hopefully whoever wins the presidency (VOTE OBAMA!) will refocus on the TRUE war on terror and deal with Afghanistan rather than make up for Daddy’s shortcomings…)
- The McPalin campaign still doesn’t get it… they continue to attempt tying Sen. Obama to Bill Ayers despite the fact that Mr. Obama was 8 years old when Ayers was helping run Weather Underground AND voters clearly don’t care and are, in fact, turned off by the hostility.
- The incompetence of the prosecution continues to be shown in the case against Sen. Ted Stevens (r-AK). The judge presiding over the case delivered a “sharp blow” to the prosecution’s case yesterday by throwing out two key pieces of evidence. Announcing his decision, the judge faulted prosecutors for knowingly introducing false documents relating to work done on Stevens home. (Dumb. Asses. How does it feel guys to totally screw the pooch on prosecuting one of the dirtiest senators to ever serve? Your ineptitude is mind-boggling)
- A lot of political analysts think the situation is ripe this November for Democrats to achieve a 60-seat filibuster-proof majority in the Senate due to the current economic crisis, a pathetically unpopular president and a continuing unjust war. (All fine and good, but I’ll believe it when I see it… and if things go according to plan in November, we won’t even need to worry about a veto-less Senate. Having said that, nothing is final yet, and we can’t stop fighting for November)
- And have we mentioned? That SCOTUS is hearing a case that juggles national security with environmental concerns? The case in hand is trying to decide if the U.S. Navy is doing enough to protect whales from the underwater sonar tests it conducts. After environmentalists forced major changes in the Navy’s annual offshore training earlier this year, “President” Bush issued an emergency waiver to allow the exercises to go on without the filing of an environmental impact study before a lower court ruling blocked the use of sonar. The justices seem split about the issue and a judgment is possible within the next few months. Stay tuned…