TBWA is not a “rich man” either…
- After getting ‘Aye’ votes by both Sen. Obama and Sen. McCain, the bailout plan won approval in the Senate yesterday, but that didn’t prevent stocks from falling at this morning’s opening bell.
- The VP debate is tonight in St. Louis… expect one of two things to happen; Sen. Biden will wipe the floor with Gov. Palin, OR, Palin will surprise everyone and offer concise and decisive answers that are well thought-out… (wow, I was able to type that without going into convulsions from laughing. I expect Biden to win, but I DO NOT think that it will be as big a victory as some people believe it will be)
- If there’s any question at all, any about the objectivity of Gwen Ifill, then replace her… (take away the reason for complaining, then they can’t complain. Leave it, and they’ll question the results)
- The trial of Alaskan Sen. Ted Stevens continues… and yesterday a note was read from Stevens to Bill Allen that read; “You owe me a bill. Remember Torricelli. Friendship is one thing, compliance with ethics rules is another. I asked Bob [Persons] to talk with you about this. ... It just has to be done right.” (Hmmm…that certainly seems to me like someone is covering their ass while angling for something comped)
- The Senate overwhelmingly approved a nuclear trade deal with India last night that was dismissed by the executive director of the Arms Control Association who said the is a “nonproliferation disaster” because India has never signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty… (Well, that certainly makes sense. Approve a nuclear trade deal with India? I’m sure that will never come back to bite us on the ass…)
- And have we mentioned? That the lies of the McCain-Palin campaign say are getting more and more ridiculous? Last week Palin said that “Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America”, which made the campaign release a statement saying that “Russian incursions…inside the air defense identification zone have occurred.” Problem with that is, they haven't … at least they haven’t according to the US Air Force. Naturally a Palin spokesperson tried to backtrack in saying that the governor was trying to make a point of the fact that the “geographical location of Alaska has unique attributes.” (Huh? She was trying to make a point about geography and decided that accusing Russia of invading US air space was the best way to do it? How the hell does this woman come up with her answers? Dart board… spinning wheel… whatever McCain says? Give me a break. Maybe I’ll change my opinion above about tonight’s debate, perhaps Biden WILL sweep the floor with her)