Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Wednesday ‘BushWhack’ing

Hump day, let’s get humping… wow, that didn’t sound good did it?

  • Sen. Obama won Mississippi… I’ve never realized how much fun it is to spell Mississippi until this week… Mississippi…
  • “President” Bush had nothing but (feigned?) praise for CENTCOM Adm. William Fallon, saying “He deserves considerable credit for progress that has been made.” (Bush was saying that, but in his addle-minded brain he was snickering and saying ‘Now I get to attack Iran, now I get to attack Iran, yippee!’
  • CNN has called the Texas caucus for Obama, giving him the lead in state delegates… but remember, Texas doesn’t matter…
  • According to his aides, New York governor Eliot Spitzer will resign today which will transfer power to Lt. Gov. David Paterson. (I, personally, don’t think he should have resigned just yet, if at all. I didn’t call for Larry “Wide Stance” Craig to resign… nor David “DC Madam” Vitter… and I don’t think it was necessary that Spitzer resign as he has not yet been charged with anything…)
  • Geraldine Ferraro needs to learn how to keep her mouth shut
  • Nothing has been decided yet about what to do about Florida’s delegates and votes… (while my immediate reaction is ‘screw em’, I understand and realize that that is not entirely realistic. Considering that Florida are the ones that flaunted the rules and held their election early, they should pay for the mulligan… but that’s just my opinion…)
  • Mississippi… Mississippi… Mississippi… Mississippi, okay, the last 2 times I copy and pasted
  • Democrats in the House are planning to introduce new FISA legislation that would allow lawsuits against phone companies to go forward, but with conditions attached… (Once again, hints of having some balls… let’s see what happens though. And we can expect more republican fearmongering in five, four, three--)
  • And have we mentioned? That the House of Representatives has been busy? Besides the new surveillance bill, the House voted yesterday (229 pro, 182 con) to create an outside ethics office that will have the authority to investigate ethical misconduct by its members. The office will be able to initiate its own reviews of conduct by members of Congress, the results of which would then be forwarded to the House ethics committee, they would then review the recommendations and bury it act accordingly. (Interesting… I’ll believe it when I see it, and the first thing I would do would be to start investigating the 182 that voted against the bill… I’m just sayin’…)

No comments: