- “President” Bush announced a plan to withdraw about 8,000 U.S. troops from Iraq by February
and to ship them to the new battleground of Iranwhile also raising troop levels in Afghanistan… (I’ll believe it when I see it…)
- 62% of men questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Poll have a favorable opinion of Gov.
QuaylePalin compared to 53% of women… (Talk about a utterly useless poll… the only thing this poll shows is that some men still think with a Dick… and I don’t mean ‘Cheney’…)
- Congress is back in session and is expected to take up off-shore drilling. Note to Democrats; Bush is a lame duck… treat him as such and do not.. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT! Bow down to him on this… show some backbone for chrissakes…
- The government’s decision to take over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will cost taxpayers…
- The bipartisan Partnership for a Secure America says in a new report that the federal government has “made only limited progress toward preventing a catastrophic nuclear, biological or chemical attack on U.S. soil.” If that isn’t enough to make you more nervous, the report also says they’ve had limited progress on the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction abroad… (Way to go Bush(whacked) Administration! Keep up the good work…)
- And have we mentioned? That Gov.
QuaylePalin is fitting in well with other republicans? Consider this: “Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business. […] The governor also has charged the state for travel expenses to take her children on official out-of-town missions. And her husband, Todd, has billed the state for expenses and a daily allowance for trips he makes on official business for his wife.” (Wow… nice work if you can get it. Seems she has the experience to be a republican and little else…)