Wednesday, September 17, 2008

And finally…

In case you hadn’t heard; the lies just keep on coming…

Today McCain said; “Two years ago, I warned that the oversight of Fannie and Freddie was terrible, that we were facing a crisis because of it, or certainly serious problems. […] The influence that Fannie and Freddie had in the inside the Beltway, old boy network, which led to this kind of corruption is unacceptable and I warned about it a couple of years ago.”

How about that… McCain called the crisis 2 years ago… wow, he must—what’s that? Read what he said 10 months ago when someone asked him about the subprime mortgage crisis?

“But so, in this whole new derivative stuff, and SIBs and all of this kind of new ways of packaging mortgages together and all that is something that frankly I don’t know a lot about. [...]
But I don’t know of hardly anybody, with the exception of a handful, that said ‘wait a minute, this thing is getting completely out of hand and is overheating.’

So, I’d like to tell you that I did anticipate it, but I have to give you straight talk, I did not.”

So he didn’t predict it before he predicted it...

The lies! They burn!

No comments: