TBWA wants to suspend reality until the current economic crisis is over…
- “Our entire economy is in danger.” Well, thanks for that statement Mr. Obvious… we know that, what are YOU going to do about it? And remember: a 700 billion dollar bailout is NOT an option.
- McCain wants to suspend his campaign because
he’s losingbecause of the economy. He also wants to suspend tomorrow’s debate, the VP debate on October 2nd, and wants to speed back to DC to help. (Give me a fucking break… considering the man hasn’t voted on the Senate floor since March, it certainly is transparent to me – and anyone with their own brain – that he wants to suspend his campaign and the debates in a desperate attempt to stave off the possibility of losing. The economy is indeed a devastating problem, but certainly not one that merits suspending a presidential campaign with approximately 40 days left… while I am certain this doesn’t have anything to do with McCain’s inability to multi-task, it certainly looks that way. And that’s bad, because, as Sen. Obama hinted to last night, a president is going to have to multi-task a LOT)
- The president of Pakistan told Gov. Palin she’s “gorgeous.” Well, isn’t that special?
- President Clinton appeared on Larry King’s CNN show last night and said…he said…well, something about making this election “real”… so I don’t really know what he said as parts of it were rather nonsensical…
- Peter Orszag, the director of the CBO told Congress yesterday that the suggested bailout could worsen the current financial crisis, saying; “Ironically, the intervention could even trigger additional failures of large institutions, because some institutions may be carrying troubled assets on their books at inflated values. […] Establishing clearer prices might reveal those institutions to be insolvent.”
- As if we needed more proof that most reporters are stupid imbeciles, there’s this. Actor Michael Douglas was speaking at a news conference yesterday to urge the US to ratify a nuclear test ban treaty. Well, reporters began asking him questions about the current financial crisis, and one reporter asked him; “Are you saying Gordon that greed is not good?” Douglas replied; “…my name is not Gordon. He’s a character I played 20 years ago.” (Sigh…sad and pathetic…)
- And have we mentioned? That the Democratic career of Joe Lieberman is circling the drain? Connecticut Democrats are pissed that Lieberman is campaigning for McCain and criticizing Obama, so they’re going to circulate a resolution that would censure him. (About. Time. Lieberman should have been censured a LONG time ago, and doing this I think is the first step in totally severing his relationship with the Democratic Party. Here’s a question; we know that Lieberman will be so far up McCain’s ass should he win, but if Obama wins, will Lieberman continue to criticize him or will he come crawling back? If he does crawl back, I would slam the door on both his faces and NOT look back…)