TBWA is available for DNC Chairman… as well as baptisms, bar mitzvahs, and weddings.
- Note to party Democrats: Joe Lieberman has not been a Democrat or a Progressive in months and needs to be shut out of his chairmanship AND the Democratic caucus, if for no other reason than to send a message that Dems won’t be bullied or pushed around. If we allow him to stay as Chairman, he wins… and he will lord it over the party every chance he gets… he was thisclose to being the republican party’s VP candidate for God’s sakes! What more do you need???
- It seems that “President” Bush is acting a tad repentant lately. In an interview with CNN, Bush says that he regrets some of his statements about the war on terror over the last eight years and now wishes (read: rues) that he wouldn’t have spoken in front of the “Mission Accomplished” banner. He also said that President-elect Obama’s election victory is “good for our country.” (Um… okay? Is it possible that the man with no shame is actually experiencing shame? Who would have thunk it?)
- CNN Headline that sends shivers down my spine; “President Palin…” (AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)
- Sen. McCain surfaced yesterday, appearing on ‘The Tonight Show’ and trying to sell the idea he doesn’t regret selecting Palin as his running mate... of course you don’t John, and I don’t regret taking Ballroom Dance in college either; it’s so hard to express sarcasm in the written form.
- President-elect Obama (I never tire of writing that), has suggested he might rollback a plethora of Bush’s signing-statement policies that would lift restrictions on stem-cell research, abortion and drilling… (God speed Mr. Obama, God speed)
- CNN’s Campbell Brown makes an absolutely excellent point in her latest eColumn, saying that US Veterans who are disabled should not have to fight for benefits. (The fact that this matter even has to be addressed is shameful. Without them, we would not possess the freedom we all enjoy and we should make it easy for them to receive benefits…)
- Due to a variety of economic factors, the possibility of a lame-duck session of Congress is increasing. Stay tuned…
- In case you didn’t know, the gop is facing new challenges now, and it’s unlikely who will lead the party and what the party’s ideology will be. Will it revert to the things that the party was founded on, which helped lead to their decisive losses last week? Or will it forge new paths and estrange themselves from their base? Stay tuned… should be fun to watch.
- And have we mentioned? That U.S. News and World Report’s Michael Barone is a fucking moron? Speaking to a group of Academics yesterday in Chicago, he made the insulting, stupid and outrageous claim that the “liberal media attacked” Gov. Palin during the presidential campaign because “she did not abort her Down syndrome baby.” While he later backtracked and claimed he was joking, he’s still getting raked over the coals… as he should. Note to Barone; Liberals attacked Palin because she’s an idiot who had no business being on a national ticket… and to claim that she was criticized because of her baby is a new low for a conservative and he should not only lose his job, but he should be forced to make a public apology to the media, to Liberals, to anyone with a child with Down’s syndrome, to Ms. Palin, AND to the American public.