Tuesday, November 04, 2008

TBWA favorite Jack Cafferty of CNN posted an interesting question yesterday: ‘How long they'd be willing to wait in line to vote?’

Here are some of the best, taken directly from the Jack’s blog, misspellings included…

“My whole day is devoted to this one moment in history, i never want to look back and regret that i was not involved in one of the most important moments in United States history.”

“Considering that there are some that wait ....and sometimes fight a lifetime for the opportunity to vote, I will wait happily for as long as it takes to vote for my chosen candidate. I urge everyone to do the same!”

“You take your pick: A few hours, or a few years. I’ll be voting tomorrow. Guaranteed.”

“I’ve already waited 8 years. One day is nothing.”

“Even though I’m 9 and 1/2 months pregnant and Obama will win California with or without my vote, I’ll wait in line as long as it takes. This election is too important to miss, and I don’t care how long and uncomfortable the wait is - I’m voting. It would be a lot more uncomfortable for me to sit by for the next four years knowing that I let my voice go unheard.”

“I think if the veterns can do 3 one year tours of duty in Iraq, I can wait on line 24 hours if it will help get them home.”

“I am prepared and willing to wait all day. I have cleared my calendar to make sure I can spend the whole day. And the time I don’t spend waiting or voting, I will spend poll watching and holding signs. This is far too important not to make a personal sacrifice to make sure my vote counts. And, as an Army wife, one day of work loss is meaningless compared to the days my husband has and will spend on deployment. To all within the sound of your voice: Get out and vote!”

“As long as it takes. I am 84, if I can do it, just about anyone can.”

“I plan on going early and staying late if I have too. Every vote counts. This is the most important election of my life. And Obama is my vote.”

“Jack, I’m in my 50’s and I have voted in every presidential election since Carter and Ford. Too often at least to me the choice was a matter of picking the lesser of evils and more often than not, at least to me, the more evil candidate came out on top. I have waited a lifetime to vote for a candidate that truly reflects my values and ideals. A candidate that offers defined solutions and not hollow rhetoric, to the problems that have plagued this nation for a long time. A candidate that asks each us of to have faith in the dream that it is America and in our ability to cast aside petty political differences and come together as one nation . A candidate that has inspired millions to get up, get out and excercise the one right we have that defines us as a free people, our right to vote for our representatives and leaders. I’ve waited a long time for this one Jack, I will wait as long as needed to vote for Barack Obama.”

“I would wait till hell freezes over if that is what it takes. This election is too important to concern myself with personal discomforts or inconvenences.”

“Jack after what I witnessed in GA, I’d wait in line a week! An elderly African American woman fell out in line waiting to vote, they brought her to and tried to remove her to give her medical attention. Her words exactly were “I’m not leaving this line until I vote”. That’s powerful! That action swayed a couple of voters. I know because they said that moved them.’

Those are just a few of the hundreds and hundreds of comments being left… comments from people who are motivated to vote and make history… What about you? How long are you willing to wait in line to help elect Barack Obama? And what are you doing read a blog? GTFO and VOTE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's awesome that there has been this "problem" of long lines all over... people taking a greater interest in public issues is always a good thing