Wednesday, December 19, 2007

We got Bushisms!

It’s December, which can mean only one thing, it’s time for a recap of “President” Bush’s “intellect” from this past year... yes, I use the term intellect very, very loosely...

Dan Kurtzman of
About.com, is out with the Top 10 Bushisms of 2007, here are my personal favorites;

  • “And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it.” - (Here’s a chance for Bush to actually mean it when he says “Mission Accomplished”)
  • “One of my concerns is that the health care not be as good as it can possibly be.” (See above…)“Mr. Prime Minister, thank you for your introduction. Thank you for being such a fine host for the OPEC summit. […] As John Howard accurately noted when he went to thank the Austrian troops there last year...” (Um, first of all, I think that was supposed to be the APEC Summit. Second, I think that was supposed to be Australian troops as Mr. Howard is the PM for Australia…)
  • “There are some similarities, of course (between Iraq and Vietnam). Death is terrible.” – (Wow, he has a great grasp of the obvious doesn’t he?)
  • “As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured.” – (Sorry, this one doesn’t surprise me in the least…)

Remember, we have one more year of this.

...

God help us...

No comments: