The weekend is neigh! The weekend is neigh!
- Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends and colleagues of Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones, the first black woman to represent Ohio in the House of Representatives who died Wednesday after suffering an aneurysm that caused brain hemorrhaging… we will miss you.
- Still nothing on the VP race from either side… and now it’s just getting silly. Decide, announce, move on…
- With jury selection set to begin on Sept. 22, U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan has ruled that Sen. Ted Stevens (r-AK) will stand trial on seven felony counts in DC and Stevens’ request to have a change of venue to Alaska (so he could “campaign in the evenings and on weekends” during the trial) was DE.NIED. (Pwned! Nice job Judge Sullivan… too bad there aren’t more like you)
- The House Armed Services Committee released a report earlier this week that rebukes “President” Bush’s extensive use of signing statements, explaining that the statements had generated confusion, undermined oversight of defense policy, and most of the time is “unsubstantiated.” (All find and good… you rebuke him, but what are you going to DO about it??? We’re all waiting…)
- Sen. Joe Lieberman (
Ir-T) is going to speak at the republican National Convention and… ah who gives a crap. The man is a schmuck.
- The man that threatened Sen. Obama has pleaded not guilty… because he needed all the ammunition, knives, survival gear and such so he could… um… well… yeah I got nothin’.
- And have we mentioned? That Sen. McCain IS senile? In an interview with right-wing radio host Laura Ingraham, McCain said; “I still believe the fundamentals of our economy are strong.” (Um… what?? Inflation is rising… real wages are falling faster than Bush’s approval ratings… unemployment is rising… the cost of food is skyrocketing… foreclosures are still rising… and optimism about the US economy is at a 16-year low… explain to me how in God’s name that the ‘fundamentals of our economy are strong’???? McCain is either senile, stupid, or both…)