Another Monday… keep calm though, next week is a 3-day weekend.
- In case you hadn’t heard, the Democratic Convention starts today in Denver, CO.
- In case you hadn’t heard, part II… Sen. Obama chose Sen. Biden (D-DE) as his running mate… which naturally pissed off the Clinton supporters, which included the McCain camp who released an ad asking why Obama couldn’t have chosen her. Well, I’ll tell you why; because it wouldn’t have worked… end of discussion. The fact that the gop was hoping for Obama to choose Clinton should be Clinton supporters first clue that she COULDN’T be the running mate. Think about it; why would the republicans WANT Clinton other than the fact they knew they could hit Obama HARD for choosing her. If you are a Clinton supporter and are refusing to vote for Obama for one reason or another, then ‘President McCain’ will be on YOUR shoulders and you will be blamed. I’ll make sure of it…
- CNN inane headline of the day; “Poll gives Democrats reasons for hope, concern”
- Proof that the European media gets it while the US media continues to
miss itpurposefully ignore it. The Financial Times says that McCain’s ridiculous inability to remember how many homes he owns makes choosing Mitt Romney as his running mate “more risky”, saying that derision could be thrown against Romney, because he “owns a mansion with tennis courts in Massachusetts, a lakeside house in New Hampshire and a cabin in Deer Valley, a posh Utah ski resort.” (So… with McCain’s ad attacking Obama for not choosing Clinton, if McCain doesn’t select Romney, I think the Obama campaign, or at the least the D Triple C, should make an ad asking ‘Why Not Mitt?’…)
- Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty (who’s on McCain’s veep short list – so that should give you an idea of what kind of man he is) criticized Obama’s selection of Biden as his running mate, saying that Obama should have picked Gen. David Petraeus… (Um… okay? What ya smoking there Tim?)
- And have we mentioned? That 80% of us think we’re on the wrong track? A new USA Today/Gallup poll found that “eight in 10” say they’re dissatisfied with the way things are going in the U.S while a vast majority rate the economy as ‘only fair’ or poor with 70% believing it’s getting worse… (and there are still people who want to vote Dubya Part 2, Sen. McCain, into office… staggering, isn’t it?)