Is it really Monday again? Already? Son of a…
- Sen. Obama unveiled his energy plan today… among the ideas is tapping the SPR’s (which he didn’t want to do last month), giving an energy rebate to help with gas prices, the creation of five million “green” jobs and eliminating the need for Middle East oil within 10 years.
- Obama seems to be flip-flopping on Florida and Michigan delegates. (not good Mr. Obama. You were against it before, you can’t come out in favor of it now…it will make you look like a flip-flopper, and one in this race is more than enough…)
- President Clinton says he isn’t racist… thanks for clearing that up Sir.
- Sen. Edward Kennedy, still recovering from surgery and chemo to battle a malignant brain tumor, will not be able to attend the Convention, so he’s recorded a tape to be played at the event. (Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you Mr. Kennedy)
- Speaking of conventions… protesters are practicing for the upcoming republican convention. In other news; protesters practice.
- “President” Bush is in Asia this week, in advance of his attendance at the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. Expect relations with Asia to become strained in five, four, three…
- If the Dems can claim a majority of the 10 in-play Senate seats this November, it would give them the first veto-proof Democratic majority since the 1977-1979 sessions. (Hopefully though, we won’t need a veto-proof majority as we will have also claimed the White House. So stay tuned…)
- We expect this from him, but we expect more from our Congress… since a commission aimed at boosting US energy independence was formed over 3 years ago, neither Bush nor Congress has “acted to appoint members.” Apparently we didn’t need them, even though, during this time, oil prices have skyrocketed, more than doubling in price from $60 a barrel to $125 while the price of a gallon of gasoline has increased from about $2.25 to nearly $4… (way to go everyone? Keep up the
- A new GAO report shows that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is risking millions of Medicare dollars by allowing “fictitious sellers of wheelchairs, prosthetics and other medical supplies to submit reimbursement claims with only limited review.” Apparently they forgot that they promised to fix these problems back in 2005. (Every damn department/agency in the US is going to have to be rebuilt after this administration leaves office…)
- And have we mentioned? That eight years ago yesterday “President” Bush delivered his acceptance speech at the 2000 republican National Convention? It’s noteworthy for what he said within his speech; “So when I put my hand on the Bible, I will swear to not only uphold the laws of our land, I will swear to uphold the honor and dignity of the office to which I have been elected, so help me God.” (Honor? Dignity? I can sum up Bush’s job of upholding those in two simple words; Epic. Fail. Mark my words, he will go down in the history books as one of the worst, if not THE worst, president EVER. Honor and dignity indeed…)