Monday, April 21, 2008

"What I meant to say was..."

Sen. McCain proved in recent days that he is, at times, a bit loopy.

During an interview on Bloomberg TV last Friday McCain not only tried desperately to distance himself from Bush, he also tried to show empathy towards middle-class Americans who are struggling financially. Said McCain; “I respect the views of people who basically think that the status quo is satisfactory today. I don’t. I think Americans are hurting, and hurting badly. In fact, I think Americans are not better off than they were eight years ago, when you look at what’s happened to middle-income Americans.”

Rewind to last Thursday, one day before, and during another interview on Bloomberg TV, McCain inferred that there had been “great progress economically” since Bush took office.

So let me see if I understand this properly; Americans are “hurting badly” with all this “great progress” that is all “psychological” in nature…

Huh?

I understand that McCain is simply trying to stick just close enough to Bush in an attempt to garner some votes from the neoconservative party base while keeping enough of a distance so he doesn’t risk alienating the ever-growing number of Americans who are whole-heartedly sick and tired of George W. Bush and recognize that the country desperately needs change.

In other words he’s trying to be McCain while also being McBush.

No comments: