Hump day… let’s get humping... um, perhaps I should rephrase that...
- With the news of his Hodgkin’s disease returning, we at TBWA express our thoughts and prayers to Sen. Arlen Specter and his family.
- Former President Jimmy Carter is still in the Middle East and Hamas has sent a couple of envoys in hopes of getting a meeting with him, stay tuned. (I don’t have an opinion on him being there per se, I still question if he could possibly do any more damage than this administration already has over there?)
- Inane CNN headline of the day; “Will ‘elitist’ label stick to Obama?” (as long as you in the media keep bringing it up; yes)
- It’s becoming more and more likely that Sen. Joe Lieberman (
Ir - CT) will give a keynote address at the Republican National Convention in September. Said LIEberman; “If Sen. McCain, who I support so strongly, asked me to do it, if he thinks it will help him, I will.” (Putz…)
- The Pope will be welcomed to the White House with a 21-gun salute… wait, what?
- During a stump speech yesterday, Sen. Clinton said that “President” Bush was “unready” to be President. (questionable grammar aside, she’s preaching to the choir…)
- Sen. Obama won the endorsement of Bruce Springsteen… not sure why it’s news either, but there you go
- Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff was recently in Canada to discuss the so-called “Server in the Sky” program that will share fingerprint databases among the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and Australia when he said that fingerprints are “not particularly private” even though DHS cites “biometric identifiers (e.g., fingerprints)” in its definition of “personally identifiable information.” (Dumb. Ass. Chertoff has not only set personal freedoms back years, but the security of this country as well. And when the head of a department says something that is immediately countered with set rules of the department, there’s something wrong…)
- And have we mentioned? That Bush will give a speech outlining “goals for limiting” greenhouse gas emissions this afternoon? Wow, that’s grea—what’s that? He’s going to discuss strategy for a way forward along with principles for dealing with the problem but he’s not, according to Press Tool Dana Perino, “going to lay out a specific proposal”?? Well, talk about much ado about nothing…