Think of it this way; with each passing day we get closer to Bush being out of office...
- We all know that the 2008 presidential race has started earlier than ever before. What you may not know, though you probably do, is that the campaigns are bringing in cash quicker than ever before. Problem is, they’re also spending it quicker than ever before. (Because of this, the candidates are going to have to raise more cash, which will then be rapidly spent. It’s a vicious circle…()
- Less than a week after making a 13-year old girl cry, “President” Bush is threatening to veto a bill that would expand the State Children's Health Insurance Program. (Wow George, your mother must be so proud, taking insurance away from kids…)
- Remember the congressional resolution that gave Bush the authority to invade Iraq
because his Daddy didn’t? Well, it seems that some Senators, including quite a few republicans, want to update the resolution. The drive is being led by John Warmer (r-VA) who wants to amend it because it no longer covers what U.S. forces are doing or will do in the future. (And another one falls…)
- Vice President Dick “President” Cheney is making a push within the White House for US military action against Iran before Bush leaves office… and he may be winning the debate. This news comes days after the Senate passed a bill sponsored by Sen. Lieberman (
Ir-CT) that calls for the US to censure Iran for “complicity in the killing of U.S. soldiers in Iraq” and after Sen. Sam Brownback appeared on Fox “News” and said that he was ready to preemptively strike Iran. (I am at a loss of words other than to ask; are you fuckin’ kidding me???)
- And have we mentioned? That FEMA has 85 million pounds of ice lying around? FEMA is paying $12.5 million of taxpayer money to store 85 million pounds of unused ice that the agency ordered after Hurricane Katrina. The ice has been stored for two years, despite the agency’s regulations that they “dispose of the ice after three months.” (Heckuva job Brownie…or maybe I should say; party at FEMA's place!)