The end of another week… maybe next week I can get back on track.
- A new Fox “News”/Opinion Dynamics Corp poll gives “President” Bush his lowest rating in that poll EVAH… with a paltry 27% approving of his job performance… (sometimes nothing more needs to be said other than; pwned)
- Sen. Obama continues his Euro trip today… and Sen. McCain sounds like a jealous schmuck and calling Obama’s trip a “premature victory lap.” (Um… wasn’t it McCain and his republican buddies who were complaining about Obama’s lack of European travel?)
- Three words to alarm you; Representative. Richard. Simmons.
- Young republicans are worried about McCain’s oldness… well, they don’t come right out and say it, but it’s there if you read between the lines.
- There’s a petition to send former White House Deputy COS Karl Rove to jail over his refusal to heed a subpoena and testify before a House committee… that petition now has over 100,000 signatures. (All fine and good… but who here believes that this administration would listen?)
- A secret Justice Department memo was released yesterday (which I guess makes it no longer ‘secret’). In the memo, the Bush(whacked) Administration tells the CIA that its interrogators working around the globe would not violate U.S. prohibitions against torture unless they “have the specific intent to inflict severe pain or suffering.” (Well… that clears that up then, doesnt it?)
- And have we mentioned? That conservative stalwart Grover Norquist started the Reagan Legacy Project back in 1997 that aimed to get his name on anything in every state in the union? It’s true… and one of those proposals included replacing Alexander Hamilton’s image on the $10 bill with that of Reagan’s. Why am I bringing this up? Because Norquist is at it again… speaking to the Washington Examiner earlier this week, he said that the time is right to push that project again, saying; “It sounds like a good time to re-start the conversation about getting Reagan on the $10 bill. […] I don’t know why the Bush administration has dropped the ball on this.” (Uh… because it’s stupid?)